League of Women Voters of Greater Green Bay
Recommended Program: (League of Women Voters of Greater Green Bay (LWVGGB) Recommended Program consists of items which our League plans to study.)
Recommended Action Priority Items:
- Continue to study the ongoing changes in health care and recommend appropriate action to the membership.
- Continue to identify and advocate for issues related to immigration and naturalization.
- Continue to support a strong public education system.
- Continue to study, identify and advocate issues related to the environment including transportation.
(LWVGGB Action Priority Items are based on existing League of Women Voters United States (LWVUS), League of Women Voters Wisconsin (LWVWI), or LWVGGB positions.)
- Educate the membership and community about redistricting and advocate League's position on redistricting.
- Encourage people to seek election or appointment to public office in order to have a representative government.
- Promote voter interest, education, registration, and turnout.
- Promote accessible, affordable, and preventive health care.
- Commit to Observer Corps members attending Brown County Board meetings.
- Promote accessible public transportation.
- Monitor: Programs and services related to the needs of the educationally, socially,and economically disadvantaged; Policies and procedures relating to naturalization; Human trafficking; Community efforts as related to the LWVGGB Adolescent Pregnancy position
Note: Our league will continue to be actively involved in additional projects. We will continue our work with candidate forums, public education, grassroots advocacy, lobbying, etc.